Build your own deck with Greenspan TopHats
The Mega-Anchor Foundation System and the deck surface of your choice (for long life, economy and environmental friendliness, consider Modwood decking)
What do YOU do?
- We will do the structural engineering design for you
this is especially important if the deck is to be more than 900 mm off the ground as you will require planning approval
If you are looking for a design which allows easy access underneath for storage and access, an engineering design, even if not required for planning approval purposes, will assist you to place the foundation supports where they will best meet your needs!
A structural engineering design will also minimise your materials requirements with complete safety
- Using a combination of Greenspan TopHats and the Mega-Anchor Foundation System means:
no concrete footings are needed if building on normal loamy clay soil!
the ground doesn't need to be levelled, the foundation system allows for height adjustments!
the life of the deck will be at least 20 years compared with 5-10 years using untreated timber!
there is no need to use treated timber with its unpleasant chemical smells and difficulties of disposal - the Greenspan TopHats and the Mega-Anchor Foundations are termite and moisture proof!
- It's easy, it's quick and it will save you money!
What do YOU do?
- the shape of your deck - square, rectangular, hexagonal, what ever pleases you!
- the dimensions of your deck including the height above ground
You ask us to
- prepare a structural engineering design
- provide all of the materials cut to size
- provide you with a 10 step easy guide to construction
To assemble your deck all you need is
- unskilled labour
- a sledge hammer to hammer in the mega-anchors which form the foundations
- a cordless drill
- an angle grinder to cut the anchors to length or we can do that for you in advance (we just need you to help us calculate lengths by doing a simple test on the resistance of your soil - we'll tell you how)